University Center & Special Events Student Employee of the Year Awards
The Student Employee of the Year Awards are given annually to outstanding student employees who have made unique contributions to UCEN and who have demonstrated exceptional quality of work, initiative, leadership, professionalism, and reliability.
Four finalists will receive a certificate and an award of $500, and the winner will receive a certificate and a $1,000 award. The award recipients will be announced in April.
Nominations will be solicited from all University Center & Special Events employees. Due dates will be announced each year. Nominations for this year are due by 5:00 p.m., March 31, 2017.
To be eligible for consideration, the student employee must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Texas A&M University-College Station or a Blinn College – Bryan Campus student currently performing in the Student Employee capacity.
- Must be working an average of 12 – 25 hours per week with their main focus being school.
- Must have been employed a minimum of one year by March 31, 2017.
- Must be enrolled at least ½ time (6 hours undergraduate, 5 hours graduate) at Texas A&M – College Station or at Blinn College-Bryan Campus.
- Nomination forms should be completed and submitted per the instructions at the bottom of the nomination form. To be considered, nominations must be completed and submitted NO LATER THAN 5:00 pm, March 31, 2017. Additional letters of endorsement are encouraged and may be submitted by following the instructions at the bottom of the nomination form.
- The student must have been a credit to UCEN through his or her reliability, quality of work, initiative, leadership, and professionalism.
- Previous recipients of the award are not eligible for the award.
The nomination form can be found here: Student Employee of the Year Nomination Form. Please submit the form along with any additional comments or supporting documentation in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential” to Judy Marrs, UCEN Administrative Office, 205 Rudder Tower. The nomination packet must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 31, 2017.
The UCEN Awards Committee will serve as the selection committee for this award. To avoid conflicts of interest, the UCEN Awards Committee members may not submit nominations.
The committee will select the Student Employee of the Year Award recipients based on the following criteria:
- Quality of Work