Signs and Promotions can be placed across campus.
Make a splash for your organization on campus! Read through the following guidelines and policies to ensure your banner submission proceeds without a hitch.
Seven banner locations are available between the building columns on the north side of the Koldus building.
- Only vinyl banners will be allowed
- Horizontal length of banners must be between 10-20 feet.
- Vertical length of banners cannot exceed four feet. Banner must have metal grommets placed at each corner and spaced every two feet along the banner top.
- Complete name of sponsoring campus department or recognized student organization is required.
- Banners must advertise on-campus events or functions sponsored by recognized student organizations or academic/administrative departments. Banners may also advertise departmental resources available to the campus community.
- All banner material must be in compliance with University and Student rules.
Banner Setup & Removal
- Event services staff will set up and remove all banners. Any organization who attempts to hang their own banner will lose the privilege if making future banner reservations.
- Event services will not assume liability for any lost, damaged or unclaimed banners.
- Banners must be dropped off at the University Center & Special Events office (Rudder Tower, second floor) by 2pm on the Friday prior to the week of the reservation.
- Banners will be available to be picked up from the University Center & Special Events office beginning at noon on the Monday following the end of the reservation.
- Banners must be picked up by the end of business hours the following Thursday; any banners left in the University Center & Special Events office (Rudder Tower, second floor) will be removed and thrown away.
Reservations & Cancellations
- Recognized student organizations or campus departments will need to submit a completed Koldus Banner Reservation Form to the University Center & Special Events office on the second floor of Rudder Tower.
- Recognized student organizations and campus departments may initially reserve a Koldus banner location twice a semester. If extra reservations are needed, the organization may submit an additional request (pending availability) to the UC&SE office one week prior to the requested reservation date.
- Reservations will be made in one-week blocks, beginning and ending on Sunday, and the banner must be displayed the entire week. There will be one banner location (between the columns closest to the main entrance of Koldus) that may be an exception — this will only be for special campus-wide events (i.e. Silver Taps) where the banner is not appropriate to be displayed for the entire week.
- Reservation requests will be accepted beginning April 15 for the fall semester and November 15 for the spring semester, and will be accepted (pending availability) through noon on the Friday prior to the requested week.
- Reservations are non-transferrable and that space cannot be given to another group.
- Failure to cancel banner space one week prior to the reservation start date will result in the loss of future privileges to make banner reservations.