UCEN reserves the right to terminate all meetings, events, and concessions that are deemed unsafe or outside the established safety guidelines. Failure to operate within these guidelines may result in the cancellation of future bookings and events.
VIRTUAL MEETINGS, CONFERENCES, & EVENTS
Utilize technology (Zoom, Skype, etc) to collaborate instead of meeting in person. For assistance in setting up virtual meetings, conferences, or events, please contact Event Services at 979-845-8904.
- See more information and our full list of virtual services here.
IN-PERSON MEETINGS, CONFERENCES, & EVENTS
Requirement for Event Organizers
- Adherence to Policies: Ensure adherence to maximum room capacity, physical distancing, and seating requirements.
- Face Coverings and Preventative Measures: Ensure all attendees are wearing face coverings when on campus. Face coverings must also be worn at off-campus activities sponsored by TAMU or TAMU recognized student organizations (RSO). Follow simple measures to lower risk and prevent the spread of viruses (not shaking hands, practicing social distancing, etc.)
- Certification of COVID-19 Symptom Free: Ensure all attendees certify that they are not exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have been in close contact with an individual that is showing symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19. Any attendee exhibiting symptoms should be sent home immediately.
- RSVPs: Require your audience to RSVP. Guests who RSVPd need to arrive early, at least 15-20 minutes before the event begins. Events with larger audiences may require additional time to get everyone seated before the start of the event.
- Attendance Tracking: Maintain clear records of event attendees to facilitate COVID-19 contact racing if needed. Records should include attendee’s name, telephone number, and email address.
- No-Touch Material Distribution: Utilize digital distribution of materials. Printed material and physical items are not allowed.
- Signage: UCEN will display signs reminding attendees of room capacity, seating instructions to maximize physical distancing, and preventative measures to keep guests safe. Work with your UCEN event coordinator for additional signage.
- Consider creating a hybrid event with a virtual option for attendees who are unable to attend in person.
The following guidelines for outdoor gatherings will remain in effect until September 18, 2020 (30 days following the first day of fall classes). Click here for more information on COVID-19 Space Reservations and Gathering Size Limitations
- LESS than 10 people: Please follow the normal reservation/approval process for all parties making a reservation.
- MORE than 10 people: University units and Sponsored Student Organizations may reserve outdoor space being used for University authorized events and sponsored activities through the UCEN reservation process. All other student organizations and/or persons must also use the UCEN reservation process.
- Persons or groups of more than 10 persons wishing to exercise use of Texas A&M’s traditional public forums and/or three (3) reservable free speech areas must follow the guidelines articulated in Appendix XI of the Texas A&M Student Rules regarding freedom of expression.
Food at events must be catered by Chartwells, dineoncampus.com/tamu/about-catering, 979-845-1118
- All food served inside a UCEN facility requires an approved Food & Beverage Form. General meetings lasting less than two hours will not be approved to serve food and beverage at their event.
- Catered food and drink should be pre-packaged and adhere to the strict food handling restrictions that are in place. The best method for food delivery is individual portions packaged in to-go containers. Bottled and canned drinks only, no common drink stations are allowed.
ROOM OCCUPANCY & MEETING SCHEDULE
- All meeting rooms have an adjusted capacity to promote physical distancing.
- SMALL (10 or less):
- MSC: 1403, 2402, 2403, 2500, 2502, 2504, 2507, L526
- MEDIUM (less than 40):
- MSC: 2404, 2406A, 2406B
- Rudder Tower: 301, 401, 404, 501, 504, 701
- LARGE (more than 40):
- MSC: 2300 (A-E), 2400, 2406
- Rudder Tower: 601
- Rudder Theatre Complex: All venues
- All Faiths Chapel
- SMALL (10 or less):
- Meetings are scheduled in 60-minute increments beginning at 6pm. Meeting Times for Memorial Student Center, Rudder Tower, and All Faiths Chapel:
- Evenings, Sunday – Thursday | 6:00pm – 7:00pm | 8:00pm – 9:00pm | 10:00pm – 11:00pm
- To safely clean and prepare rooms for the next meeting, UCEN requires 60 minutes between scheduled events.
TABLING & CONCESSIONS
All tabling and concessions will occur Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm in Rudder Plaza or Koldus Plaza. No MSC 12th Man Hall tabling allowed.
Requirements for tabling organizers:
- No-touch material distribution: Utilize digital distribution of materials. Printed materials and physical items are not allowed.
- Face coverings and preventative measures: Ensure all attendees are wearing face coverings when on campus. Face coverings must also be worn at off-campus activities sponsored by TAMU or TAMU recognized student organizations (RSO). Follow simple measures to lower risk and prevent the spread of viruses (not shaking hands, practicing social distancing, etc).
- Certification of COVID-19 symptom free: Ensure all attendees certify that they are not exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 or have been in close contact with an individual that is showing symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19. Any attendee exhibiting symptoms should be sent home immediately.
Tabling & Concessions NOT Permissible:
- Bake sales
- Events with animals
- Food sales
- Pie in the face, dunk tanks, inflatables
- Fun runs
- Sponsoring an external vendor
- Supply donation drives
- Financial donation drives (online donations only)
- Merchandise sales (permissible with online purchases and shipments only)
Tabling & Concessions Permissible:
- Blood drives (permissible given the appropriate requirements are met and approved)
- Public sales and transactions (all public sales or transactions must conduct purchases online via approved channels (ex. Marketplace) and product pickup will be limited on campus. Shipment of items is the preferred method of distribution. The intent is to limit the physical exchange of goods.
Applying for a Concessions Permit:
- An eConcessions Permit Form is available here
- Any parties wishing to host concessions activities will be required to provide their safety protocol, and we will ensure that it meets basic university standards.
- The first available date for on-campus concessions permits is Wednesday Aug. 19 (first day of classes)
PLANNING YOUR EVENT
- Contact UCEN: Visit with one of our event coordinators when planning your event. Your assigned event coordinator can help produce event diagrams and event estimates that will help keep you on budget and your guests safe. Current health standards and University guidance will help our department set capacity numbers for each event.
- Things to consider: Physical distancing will require larger rooms be reserved to accommodate a smaller number of guests attending your event, so plan your financial budgets accordingly.
- Safety planning: Complete a Maroon Link Event Form explaining how safety protocols are being proposed and enforced the day of the event.
CANCELLING, POSTPONING, OR MOVING EVENT TO VIRTUAL
- In conjunction with University administration, UCEN will monitor changing conditions and make determinations on when to cancel, postpone, or make events virtual as the situation dictates.
- Recognizing the broader impacts on cancelling events, we will work hard to avoid cancelling events unnecessarily. If events need to cancel, we will do so promptly, allowing event planners and attendees reasonable lead time to adjust.